Some people are switching to eating dried fruits and vegetables due to the fact that when the water is removed the fruits and vegetables are able to retain more nutrients.
The antioxidants that were originally in fruits like cranberries, grapes and plums are better preserved when compared to fresh fruits that are eaten directly.
Because of this the dried fruit and vegetable diet has emerged, and people are exploring new ways to enjoy this newly found eating habit.
Here is some dried food recipe to explore:
1. Beef stew
The ingredients for this dish will include:
Â cup of dehydrated sliced tomatoes
Â dehydrated carrots
Â cup of dehydrated onion
2 slices of dried garlic that is crumbled
3 tablespoons of dehydrated celery
1 lb. of fresh stewing beef
3 cups of beef stock
2 tablespoons of plain flour and then mix it with cold water (1/4).
Dried Italian herbs for additional taste (at least 1.2 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce
Additional tomato paste could also be added as well as tomato ketchup
Add pepper and salt for added taste
Make use of a Slow Cooker:
1. Place all the dehydrated ingredients and seasonings in the crock-pot.
2. Make 3 cups of beef stock in a large container; add the Worcestershire Sauce, the tomato paste, the ketchup and then stir to dissolve.
3. Using another jug, put Â¼ cup of cold water, then add the flour. Stir the ingredients well and the place the beef stock with the ketchup mix. Combine all of the ingredients by stirring them.
4. Add the stock mix in the slow cooker, but make sure to wait for a few seconds before doing so to avoid shocking the crock pot.
5. Include the stewing beef, then then mix them all, after that cover the crock pot lid.
6. After than turn the slow cooker and heat the ingredient for 4-6 hours.
Make sure to prepare enough stock, so that the crock pot will not dry out during the cooking process.
2. Carrot Soup:
2 cups of dehydrated carrots
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Â¼ cup of dehydrated onion
2 slices of garlic
1 teaspoon or dried oregano
Add 2 cups of vegetable stock
Salt and pepper for added taste
Â cup of fresh orange juice
1. The first step is to rehydrate the dehydrated carrots, onions, as well as the garlic using cold or freshly boiled water.
2. Using a heavy pan add olive oil and put medium heat.
3. After that add the onions, make sure to cook it until it gets soft for about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and the oregano and cook for a few minutes more.
4. Place the vegetable stock and then bring it to a boil.
5. Allow to simmer for at least 10 minutes until onions and carrots are fully cooked.
6. Put the orange juice and continue to stir.
7. With the help of a blender, mixed the ingredients in small batches. Make sure to allow air to escape during the process using a little hole in the lid to avoid any explosion problems.
These dried food recipes are guaranteed to be a hit with anyone even those who are not fond of eating dried food diet. For more information on dried food recipes, you can visit this page.
Posted By Ronald K. Darnell